This Sandwich was inspired by my two college roommates AKA (The Italian Girls) I always loved how delicious it was with the fresh herbs, garlic, and tomatoes over the steak and some delicious Italian Bread, YUM!!! Fast forward 25 Years and it is still an AMAZING Blend of Flavors, BUT I have added more heart healthy ingredients like the Delicious and Healthy Oat, Flax, and whole wheat Pita and some Sliced Avocado…..Cheers to a Healthy and Happy Weekend All!
Italian Style Steak Sandwich
- 3 Asparagus Stalks,Sliced Health benefits. Asparagus is good for your ticker in a variety of ways. ... Asparagus also has more than 1 gram of soluble fiber per cup, which lowers the risk of heart disease, and the amino acid asparagine helps flush your body of excess salt.
- 8 Diced Grape Tomatoes Tomatoes have high levels of lycopene in the blood are associated with a lower risk of cardiovascular disease in both men and women.
- 2 Cloves Pressed/Chopped Garlic Garlic offers a variety of benefits, from cardiovascular protection, and lowering LDL levels along with triglycerides and lowering blood pressure.
- 1 Sliced Green Onion Onion is high in vitamins and minerals and antioxidants and some benefits may include reducing the risk of heart disease.
- 4 Pieces Flank Steak
- 1 Teaspoon Dried or Fresh Oregano
- 10 Grinds Fresh Ground Black pepper
- 1 Tablespoon Extra Virgin Felippo Berio Olive Oil Olive oil is an excellent fat that helps lower bad cholesterol, LDL's
- 1 Tablespoon Alessi Balsamic Vinegar
- 3-4 Fashes Garlic Salt or Sea Salt
- 1 Sliced Avocado Avocado, has been shown to reduce the risk of heart disease and contribute to good heart health.
- 1 Package Joeseph's Flax Oat Bran & Whole Wheat Pitas oseph's Bakery brand provides you with a healthy, reduced carb, high protein Lavash bread, now containing Flax, an excellent source of Omega-3! This Lavash has no cholesterol and contains three healthy ingredients: Flax, Oat Bran and Whole Wheat which may help protect your heart.
- 5-6 Leaves Chopped Fresh Basil Leaves Basil has so many beneficial properties, immune booster, blood vessel protector, antioxidants, etc.
- First, Grill steak to desired doneness, about 4 minutes per side for medium-rare. Transfer steak to work surface. Let stand 5 minutes. Cut across grain into thin strips and set aside.
- Next, slice the raw asparagus, tomatoes, green onion, and press the cloves of garlic. Add olive oil and vinegar, oregano, salt and pepper to the salad.
- Then, toast the pita on a burner over a low heat on both sides and remove and layer, Italian Style Tomato salad and add sliced avocado and chopped fresh basil and enjoy!!!!!