This recipe is so Super Quick,Easy, and Delicious….Baked Rigatoni Pomodoro is made with roasted garlic, tomatoes, basil, and spinach. It is a Delightful alternative to the traditional baked pastas. This Pasta is a Lighter and Healthier yet still So Satisfying……Enjoy!!!
Baked Rigatoni Pomodoro
- 1 Lb. Rigatoni
- 2-3 Teaspoons Felippo Berio Olive Oil Olive oil helps decrease the total cholesterol and "bad" LDL cholesterol levels
- 1/2 Bunch Fresh Spinach Spinach has just about everything your heart needs, including plenty of omega-3 fatty acids, antioxidants, B vitamins, and fiber.
- 5 Cups Grape Tomatoes Tomatoes have high levels of lycopene in the blood are associated with a lower risk of cardiovascular disease.
- 10 Cloves Roasted Garlic Garlic offers a variety of benefits, from cardiovascular protection, and lowering LDL levels along with triglycerides and lowering blood pressure.
- 1/4 Cup Fresh Basil Leaves
- 1/8 Teaspoon Sea Salt
- 10 Grinds Fresh Black Pepper
- 1.5-2 Cups Part Skim Ricotta
- 1.5 Cups Low Fat Mozzarella Cheese
- Shaved Parmesan
- First, preheat the oven to 350 and drizzle 1 to 2 teaspoons of olive oil over the exposed surface of the garlic, letting the oil sink down into the cloves. Wrap in foil and bake for 40 minutes.
- Next, boil a pot of water and add the rigatoni. Only cook half way, maybe 3-4 minutes. The pasta needs to be softened but still a bit hard, strain, and rinse the pasta then start to line it up vertically to fill a corningware or stoneware pan.
- Next, add your tomatoes, basil, roasted garlic, salt, and pepper to a food processor or blender and mix then ladle or spoon the tomato blend into the holes of the pasta, leaving about 3/4 of a cup leftover.
- Then, put your ricotta over the pasta with a spatula until it is smoothed over.
- Next add your chopped spinach and mozzarella.
- Then, add the remainder of your tomato sauce and add shaved Parmesan on the top, sprinkle some basil, dash of salt, and pepper and bake for 45-55 minutes covered in foil then uncover and bake an additional 15-20 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy this Healthy And Delicious Baked Pasta....Enjoy!!!