This meal was created, not on purpose, BUT by having a short amount of time last week. I initially thought I had plenty of time for a bigger meal. I had baked my sweet potatoes early in the day and put them aside, then SH!T changed…. Well, Life happened!! I returned home with nothing cooked fully at 6:15p.m. and meat was already defrosted SO, I threw my veggies in a skillet, added ground chicken, made a quick salad, and added it all to a bowl with Sriracha….. Being completely honest, it was PHENOMENAL and UNEXPECTED!!! I was full for the rest of the night too…Super Heart Healthy and if you are trying to watch your intake for the upcoming short season, then this dish is an absolute must!!!!
Sweet Potato Bowl
- 1 Lb. Organic Ground Chicken
- 2 Sliced Shallots Onion is high in vitamins and minerals and antioxidants and some benefits may include reducing the risk of heart disease.
- 2 Cloves chopped Garlic Garlic offers a variety of benefits, from cardiovascular protection and also lowering LDL levels, triglycerides and lowering blood pressure.
- 3-4 Tablespoons Felippo Berio Olive Oil Olive oil is an excellent fat that helps lower bad cholesterol, LDL's
- 1 Package Sliced Baby Bella Mushrooms Mushrooms are also a good source of essential minerals such as heart healthy potassium.
- 1 Head Chopped Broccoli Broccoli can significantly lower your bad cholesterol, LDL
- 2 Handful Cashews Can reduce the blood pressure and "bad" cholesterol levels
- 2 Tablespoon Dried or Fresh Oregano
- 3-4 Dashes Sea Salt
- 15-20 Grinds Fresh Ground
- 1 Package Organic Mixed Lettuce with Spinach Spinach is a really great heart-healthy food. Spinach has just about everything your heart needs, including plenty of omega-3 fatty acids, antioxidants, B vitamins, and fiber. Folate is important for building and maintaining healthy cells, especially healthy red blood cells needed for heart health.
- 1 Sliced Avocado Avocado, has been shown to reduce the risk of heart disease and contribute to good heart health.
- 1 Jar Green Olives Olives are very high in vitamin E and other powerful antioxidants. Studies show that they are good for the heart, and may protect against osteoporosis and cancer. The healthy fats in olives are extracted to produce extra virgin olive oil, one of the key components of the incredibly healthy Mediterranean diet.
- 1/4 Cup Crumbled Goat Cheese
- 1/4 Cup Craisins, low sugar
- 1 Package Yellow or Red Grape Tomatoes Tomatoes have two key nutrients that have a big impact on heart health: lycopene and potassium. Some research shows that lycopene may lower LDL, or “bad” cholesterol.
- Drizzle Extra Virgin Felippo Berio Olive Oil Olive oil is an excellent fat that helps lower bad cholesterol, LDL's
- Drizzle Alessi Balsamic Vinegar
- 3 Halved Sweet Potatoes High in potassium that is helpful for the heart.
- First, cut your potatoes in half, wrap in foil and bake your sweet potatoes for one hour at 375.
- Add your greens, tomatoes, green olives, goat cheese, cashews, avocado, craisins, oil and balsamic vinegar and stir. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Sauté the garlic, shallots, broccoli, and mushrooms, either move to the side of the skillet and add the ground chicken or use a separate pan then mix into one skillet once the meat is browned.
- Add your dressed salad, top with chicken and veggies, then add a half or whole baked sweet potato to your bowl and add sriracha sauce if you please and Enjoy!!!!