What’s for dinner tonight?? This Quick & Delicious Healthy Burrito Bowl is how to have an extremely healthy meal in a pinch during the week. This is a fantastic homemade dish with little prep and is full of flavor. It is loaded with Heart Healthy Super Foods and Healthy Proteins and is the perfect weeknight dinner….Enjoy!!!
Beautifully Healthy Burrito Bowl
- 2 Cups Cooked Jasmine Rice or Brown Rice
- 2 Lbs. Organic Ground Turkey or Chicken
- 2 Cloves of Chopped Garlic Garlic offers a variety of benefits, from cardiovascular protection, and lowering LDL levels along with triglycerides and lowering blood pressure.
- 1/4 Chopped Red Onion Onion is high in vitamins and minerals and antioxidants and some benefits may include reducing the risk of heart disease.
- 1 Tablespoon Felippo Berio Olive Oil Olive oil helps decrease the total cholesterol and "bad" LDL cholesterol levels
- Dash Sea Salt or Garlic Salt
- 2 Teaspoons Ground Cumin Some studies show levels of oxidized "bad" LDL cholesterol were decreased by nearly 10% in patients taking cumin extract over one and a half months.
- 10 Grinds Fresh Black Pepper
- 1-2 Teaspoons Fiesta Lime Mrs. Dash Seasoning or Cajun Blend Basin Blend
- 1/4 Sliced Red Onion
- 1 Can Black Beans/Rinsed and Strained The fiber, potassium, folate, vitamin B6, and phytonutrient content of black beans, coupled with its lack of cholesterol, all support heart health. This fiber helps lower the total amount of cholesterol in the blood and decrease the risk of heart disease.
- 1 Can Cannellini Beans/Rinsed and Strained White beans (cannellini, kidney and navy) are loaded with even more cancer-fighting dietary fiber than healthy red beans. By eating these fiber-rich superfoods, you can reduce the risk of many cancers and other potential killers, including brain aneurysms.
- Dash Sea Salt or Garlic Salt
- 5-8 Grinds Fresh Black Pepper
- 1 Large Tomato Tomatoes, include Lycopene, and may knock your bad, LDL cholesterol down, 25 milligrams is about 1/2 cup of tomato sauce per day.
- 1 Cup Tri Colored Slaw The high polyphenol content in cabbage might reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease by preventing platelet buildup and reducing blood pressure.
- 1 Sliced Avocado Avocado, has been shown to reduce the risk of heart disease and contribute to good heart health.
- 1/2-3/4 Cup Low Fat Cheddar Cheese
- 1/2 Cup Rinsed and Chopped Cilantro Evidence suggests that the phytochemicals in cilantro could protect your heart from oxidative damage helping to keep it healthy.
- 1 Sliced Lime Limes are a good source of magnesium and potassium, which promote heart health.
- 2 Sliced Serrano Peppers Previous studies have suggested chilies can help reduce blood pressure, high cholesterol, and the formation of blood clots.
- First, cook your rice in a rice cooker or on the stove top and follow the directions, set aside.
- While that is cooking, add olive oil, ground turkey, chopped onion, and chopped garlic to a skillet and brown. Add cumin, fiesta lime seasoning, salt, and pepper and cook until browned.
- Next, add both of your beans into a separate pot then add sliced/chopped onion, dash of salt and pepper, and warm over a low heat then set aside.
- Slice your tomato, avocado, lime, cilantro, and Serrano pepper and set aside. Rinse your slaw and set aside.
- First, add your rice, then beans, tomato and avocado slices, ground turkey, Serrano pepper, tricolored slaw, sprinkle cilantro, shredded cheddar cheese, and add fresh squeezed lime to finish. I always add hot sauce and if you would like some low fat sour cream.....Super Delicious and Heart Healthy....Enjoy!!!