Chicago Style Chicken Soup & Egg Noodles is the perfect meal for the cold and gloomy days of Fall. In my house, you will always be able to find a vat of Chicago Style Chicken Soup cooking on the stove or leftovers stored in the freezer, especially from early Fall through Spring time. The minute anyone, including myself starts to feel a little under the weather, I am RUNNING to the Store. Stay Healthy and Enjoy!!!
Chicago Style Chicken Soup & Egg Noodles
- 1 Whole Chicken
- 1 Cup Carrots Carrots' orange hue comes from beta-carotene, a compound that serves as a source of heart-healthy vitamin A. Getting enough vitamin A helps fight heart disease, according to a review published in "Heart and Circulatory Physiology" in 2008
- 1 Medium Onion Onion is high in vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. Some benefits may include reducing the risk of heart disease.
- 2 Cloves garlic Garlic offers a variety of benefits, from cardiovascular protection, and lowering LDL levels along with triglycerides and lowering blood pressure.
- 2 chopped Golden Potato The potato's fiber, potassium, vitamin C, and vitamin B6 content, coupled with its lack of cholesterol, all support heart health. Potatoes contain significant amounts of fiber. Fiber helps lower the total amount of cholesterol in the blood, thereby decreasing the risk of heart disease.
- 1 Lemon Research has shown that eating fruits and vegetables rich in vitamin C reduces the risk of heart disease and stroke.
- 3 Stalks Celery Celery is mainly water, but it is also a good source of dietary fiber.
- 1-2 Tablespoons Chicken Bullion Paste Chicken Bullion paste or 3-4 Bullion Cubes
- 1 Tablespoon Oregano Oregano is rich in antioxidants, which are compounds that help fight damage from harmful free radicals in the body. The buildup of free radicals has been linked heart disease.
- 1/4 Cup Parsely Parsley helps prevent heart disease by preventing blood vessels from oxidative damage.
- Teaspoon Flaxseed Meal Flax's primary healthy benefit is due to the omega-3 essential fatty acids, "good" fats that have been shown to have heart-healthy effects.
- 1 Package Egg Noodles
- First, make sure giblets, etc. are out of the core of the chicken, discard, and rinse.
- Next, put the chicken in a large pot and fill until chicken is slightly covered with water.
- Boil for 45-50 minutes.
- Next, chop celery, carrots, onion and garlic, and potatoes, fresh parsley, and lemon then set aside.
- Remove chicken from the pot after the 45 minutes and set aside to cool, then shred.
- Now, add all chopped veggies, bullion paste or cubes, oregano, parsley, flaxseed meal, and a couple slices of lemon into the pot.
- Then, soft boil for 30-45 minutes, add shredded chicken back to the broth and veggies and simmer for 1-1.5 hours.
- First, boil the water and cook your egg noodles. Next, strain and add the egg noodles to your bowl of soup, top off with fresh parsley and lemon....Delicious, Hearty, and Healthy Soup.....Enjoy!!!