Italian Tuna On The Go is my go-to for a light, yet hearty salad full of heart healthy foods and bursting with fantastic flavor. The excellent blend of flavor and crunch will make this an all-time favorite salad. This recipe is simple, healthy, and delightful….Enjoy!!!
Italian Tuna On The Go...
- 1 Cup Organic Mixed Greens
- 1 Cup Arugula Arugula is a cruciferous vegetable, many studies suggest consuming plant foods like arugula may decrease your risk of heart disease.
- 1 Can Albacore Tuna Omega-3 fatty acids in combination with potassium bring an anti-inflammatory effect to the cardiovascular system, which in turn benefits us by lowering blood pressure, risk of stroke and heart attacks.
- 6-8 Grape Tomatoes Tomatoes have two key nutrients that have a big impact on heart health: lycopene and potassium. Some research shows that lycopene may lower LDL, or “bad” cholesterol.
- 1/4 Cup Sliced Black Olives The antioxidant nutrients in black olives impede this oxidation of cholesterol, thereby helping to prevent heart disease.
- 1/2 Green Onion Bulb Onion is high in vitamins and minerals and antioxidants and some benefits may include reducing the risk of heart disease.
- 1 Tablespoon Dried Parsely or Fresh Flat leaf Parsely is very high in Vitamin B and folate, which is needed to maintain a healthy heart.
- 1 Teaspoon Dried or Fresh Oregano Oregano is rich in antioxidants.
- 1/4 Cup Tri-Colored Cabbage/slaw Cabbage is especially high in vitamin C, a potent antioxidant that may protect against heart disease.
- 8-10 Raw Almonds The health benefits of almonds include lower blood sugar levels, reduced blood pressure and lower cholesterol levels.
- Handful Shaved Parmesan cheese
- 2-3 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Felippo Berio Olive Oil Olive oil helps decrease the total cholesterol and "bad" LDL cholesterol levels
- 2 Tablespoons Alessi Balsamic Vinegar Balsamic vinegar has antioxidants present that help protect the body from heart disease
- Handful Multi-grain Crackers
- Dash Sea Salt
- 5-6 Grinds Fresh Ground Pepper
- First, rinse all veggie thoroughly.
- Next, chop tomatoes, olives, and onions.
- Then, add mixed greens and arugula to a to-go container.
- Then, add tuna to a separate bowl with a teaspoon of olive oil then add chopped tomatoes, olives, onions, oregano, parsley, salt, and pepper.
- Then, add the Italian Tuna to the mixed greens, sprinkle cabbage, Parmesan cheese, and almonds on top of the salad.
- Lastly, add your olive oil and vinegar and mix...add multi-grain cracker to this deliciously heart healthy salad on the go....Enjoy!!!