What Should I Make for Halloween Night? This is It!! Rotisserie Chicken & Three Cheese Broccoli Soup is the Perfect Halloween Night Dinner. It is So Easy to make, Delicious, and Heart Healthy too….Enjoy and Happy Halloween All!!!
Rotisserie Chicken & Three Cheese Broccoli Soup
- 2 Tablespoons Grape Seed Oil or Olive Oil Olive oil is an excellent fat that helps lower bad cholesterol, LDL's.
- 1 Head Broccoli, between2.5-3 cups of the Florets Broccoli can significantly lower your bad cholesterol, LDL's.
- 1 Cup Carrots A diet rich in vegetables also protects against heart disease, according to the USDA. In addition to contributing to a vegetable-rich diet, carrots offer specific benefits for your heart due to their vitamin content.
- 1 Celery Stalk Celery is mainly water, but it is also a good source of dietary fiber.
- 2 Cloves chopped Garlic Garlic offers a variety of benefits, from cardiovascular protection, and lowering LDL levels along with triglycerides and lowering blood pressure.
- 1 Medium Onion Onion is high in vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. Some benefits may include reducing the risk of heart disease.
- 3 Cups Low Sodium Chicken or Vegetable Broth
- 1 Cup Fat Free Half & Half or Fat Free Milk
- 1 Cup Mild Cheddar Cheese
- 2 Tablespoons Low Fat Cream Cheese
- 1/2 Cup Low Fat Mozzarella Cheese
- 1 Tablespoon Flaxseed Meal Flax's primary healthy benefit is due to the omega-3 essential fatty acids, "good" fats that have been shown to have heart-healthy effects.
- 1 Fresh Jalapeno Jalapenos have capsaicin, which has a variety of health benefits, but some studies are showing that capsaicin can lower cholesterol levels.
- 2 Tablespoons Whole Wheat Flour
- 10 Grinds Fresh Black Pepper
- Few Dashes Sea Salt
- 1` Rotisserie Chicken
- 1 Tablespoon Crushed Red Pepper/Optional
- 1 Box Bread Sticks
- First, chop all veggies.
- Next, add oil, garlic, onion, celery, carrots, and broccoli to saute. (You will be blending it all later so don't worry about slicing the veggies super small.)
- Then, saute all veggies for the next 5-7 minutes over a medium-low heat.
- Then, add the broth and stir. Continue to cook another 5-10 minutes over a medium heat.
- Next, add salt, pepper, and flaxseed meal stir and set aside to slightly cool.
- Then, add the broth and veggie mix to a blender or food processor and blend for a few seconds until you have reached the consistency you desire.
- Next, pour the broth back into the pot and warm about 5 minutes.
- Then, add the cheddar, mozzarella, cream cheese, whole wheat flour, and half and half or milk and stir.
- Next, continue to cook for another 20-30 minutes. Then add rotisserie chicken pieces to the soup.
- Finally, add sliced jalapenos, cheddar cheese, and some crushed red pepper and you have a simple and wonderful meal....Enjoy!!!