Who has Leftover Eggs from Easter sitting in their refrigerator?? Me too! Don’t throw them out…….I whipped up a Tasty, Tangy, and Nutty Heart Healthy Egg Salad and put it on a Toasted GF Multi-Seed English Muffin and it was So Delicious. If you are looking for a Low-carb lunch, packed with Protein, and Filling, then this is it!!!
Sunflower & Wasabi Egg Salad
- 2 Hard Boiled Eggs Sliced Contrary to an age old belief, eggs actually are a great heart healthy option because of the presence of omega-3 fatty acids, which help raise the good cholesterol, HDL's and lower triglycerides.
- 1 Teaspoon Wasabi Paste Wasabi paste is a delicious way to prevent the accumulation of blood platelets that are the cause of serious cardiovascular disease. The accumulation of blood platelets can be the cause of artery blockages and heart attacks.
- 2 Tablespoons Avocado Oil Mayonassie Hellmann's Avocado Oil Mayonnaise Dressing combines a blend of oils (avocado, canola, and soy). It is high in Omega-3's which are good for your heart.
- 1 Teaspoon Pickled Relish
- Handful Salted Sunflower Seeds Sunflower seeds contain high levels of both monounsaturated and omega-6 fats, and may help reduce inflammation and cholesterol levels.
- 1 Package GF Multi Seed English Muffins Food For Life Brand
- 2-3 Sprigs Fresh Thyme A study found that an extract was able to significantly reduce heart rate in rats with high blood pressure, and it was also able to lower their cholesterol.
- 1-2 Chopped Chives Onion is high in vitamins and minerals and antioxidants and some benefits may include reducing the risk of heart disease.
- First, slice your hard boiled eggs.
- Next, add your sliced egg, mayo, relish, wasabi and gently stir.
- Then, sprinkle some thyme, sunflower seeds, and chopped chives and Lastly add it to a toasted english muffin or piece of bread.