What to do with the leftover Shrimp from the Holidays?? Don’t throw it out, LOL!! Some may ask, “Can Shrimp Fried Rice Really be Healthy??” It certainly can be especially with lots of Heart Healthy & Fibrous veggies (garlic, onion, ginger, asparagus, peas, edamame, and more) and I promise it is absolutely delicious….Enjoy and Good Luck to All that still have to shop, cook, and wrap…..Me Too!!! T-5!!!
Healthy & Delightful Fried Rice with Shrimp
- 3 cups Cooked Jasmine Rice or Brown Rice
- 1 Tablespoon Land O Lakes Butter http://www.landolakes.com
- 2 Tablespoons Low Sodium Soy Sauce You may want to add a little more soy sauce
- 1/2 Teaspoon Oyster Sauce
- 1/2 Cup Shelled Edamame
- 1 Cup Peas
- 8 Large Cooked Shrimp
- 1/2 Green Onion, sliced thin
- 1/2 Cup Fresh Cilantro Optional
- 2 Organic Brown Eggs
- First, cook your rice on the stove top use a rice cooker. Make at least 2 cups of dry rice, you will need 3 cups of cooked rice.
- Next, chop carrots, Serrano pepper, garlic, ginger, green onion, asparagus. Then add sesame oil to you skillet and saute over a medium heat for 4-5 minutes.
- Then, add 3 cups of cooked rice, butter, soy sauce, oyster sauce and stir. Add cooked shrimp, edamame, peas and cilantro and cook an additional 3-4 minutes.
- Next, move your fried rice over, lower your heat and add two eggs and start to scramble. When they are almost cooked, blend with the rice.
- Lastly, add sliced green onions to the top and stir and serve and Enjoy!!!