What’s on the menu tonight for Meatless Monday??? This Low Carb and Colorful Heart Healthy Fried Rice is!!! I really love homemade fried rice because it is so much healthier than take-out AND when you use cauliflower rice, along with cashews, ginger, garlic and sesame, YUM, I am certain you will fall for this Low Carb and Lighter Version of Fried Rice…Enjoy!!
Cauliflower Fried Rice
- 1/2 Cup Low Sodium Soy Sauce
- 3-4 Tablespoons Sesame Seed Oil Most nutritionists like it for two reasons. First, it's rich in mono- and polyunsaturated acids (PUFAs) -- the good kind of fat that cuts cholesterol. Second, sesame oil is low in saturated fats -- the kind of fat that's bad for you. ... Now there's evidence that sesame oil can lower blood pressure.
- 1 Head Cauliflower/Ground Cauliflower is high in fiber and can significantly lower your bad cholesterol, LDL.
- 1 Tablespoon Chopped Fresh Ginger Ginger May Lower Cholesterol Levels. High levels of LDL lipoproteins (the "bad" cholesterol) are linked to an increased risk of heart disease.
- 1 Chopped Serrano Pepper The hotter the pepper and the greater the concentration of capsaicin. You can use serrano peppers to treat and prevent health conditions like: Heart disease: Capsaicin's cholesterol-lowering benefits allow serrano peppers to be beneficial for heart health.
- 4 Tri Colored Carrots/Sliced and Chopped Carrots contain vitamin A, antioxidants, and other nutrients. Evidence suggests that eating more antioxidant-rich fruits and vegetables, such as carrots, can help reduce the risks of cancer and cardiovascular disease
- 3 Green Onions, sliced thin Onion is high in vitamins and minerals and antioxidants and some benefits may include reducing the risk of heart disease.
- 4 Chopped Cloves garlic Garlic offers a variety of benefits, from cardiovascular protection, and lowering LDL levels along with triglycerides and lowering blood pressure.
- 1 Tablespoon Oyster Sauce
- 1 Tablespoon Land O Lakes Butter http://www.landolakes.com
- 2 Cups Frozen Peas Green peas contain a decent amount of heart-healthy minerals, such as magnesium, potassium and calcium. ... The high fiber content of green peas and legumes has been shown to lower total cholesterol and "bad" LDL cholesterol.
- 1 Cup Fresh Cilantro Evidence suggests that the phytochemicals in cilantro could protect your heart from oxidative damage helping to keep it healthy.
- 2 Organic Brown Eggs/Scrambled Contrary to an age old belief, eggs actually are a great heart healthy option because of the presence of omega-3 fatty acids, which help raise the good cholesterol, HDL and lower triglycerides, which are the bad cholesterol.
- Handful Cashews Cashews can lower your risk for cardiovascular disease. This may occur by reducing blood pressure and “bad” cholesterol levels
- 3 Dashes Black/White Sesame Seeds
- First, grind your cauliflower head in either a blender or food processor and set aside.
- Next, chop carrots, serrano pepper, garlic, ginger, green onion. Then add sesame oil to you skillet and saute over a medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Then, add your ground cauliflower head to a skillet along with butter, soy sauce, oyster sauce and stir and cook over a medium to medium low heat for 15-20 minutes. cilantro and cook an additional 3-4 minutes.
- Next, fold in the defrosted peas. Then, add some additional soy to your desired taste and/or color.
- Next, move the cauliflower fried rice over, lower your heat and add two eggs and start to scramble. When they are almost cooked, blend with the rice.
- Then add sesame seeds, cashews, and top with raw green onions and enjoy!!!