Chicken & Matzo Ball Soup is Warming and Heart Healthy Meal is”Souper” Delicious……Enjoy!
Chicken & Matzo Ball Soup
- 1 Whole Chicken
- 7 Multi-colored Carrots Cal organic multicolored carrots-Carrots greens are also a source of dietary fiber. The greens are very high in potassium which functions as a vasodilator, basically opens your veins, which can reduce tension in the blood vessels and arteries relieving strain on the cardiovascular system and can lower risk of heart attack and stroke.
- 1 Medium Onion Onion is high in vitamins and minerals and antioxidants and some benefits may include reducing the risk of heart disease.
- 2 Cloves garlic Garlic offers a variety of benefits, from cardiovascular protection, and lowering LDL levels along with triglycerides and lowering blood pressure.
- 1 Golden Potato
- 1/2 Lemon Research has shown that eating fruits and vegetables rich in vitamin C reduces the risk of heart disease and stroke.
- 4 Stalks Celery Celery is mainly water, but it is also a good source of dietary fiber.
- 1.5 Tablespoons Chicken Bullion Paste Chicken Bullion paste or 3-4 Bullion Cubes
- 1 Tablespoons Oregano Oregano is rich in antioxidants.
- 1/4 Cup Parsely
Matzo Ball Mix
- 1 Tablespoon Flaxseed Meal Flax's primary healthy benefit is due to the omega-3 essential fatty acids, "good" fats that have been shown to have heart-healthy effects.
- First, make sure giblets, etc. are out of the core of the chicken, discard, and rinse.
- Next, put the chicken in a large pot and fill until chicken is slightly covered with water.
- Boil for 45-50 minutes.
- Next, chop celery, carrots, onion and garlic, set aside.
- Remove Chicken from pot after the 45 minutes and set aside to cool.
- Now, add your veggies, bullion paste or cubes, and oregano into the pot.
- Then, soft boil for 30 minutes then simmer for 1-1.5 hours.
- Lastly, pull the meat off of the chicken and add it to the soup and add parsley.
- First, follow the instructions on the box and add flaxseed to the mixture before you refrigerate the dough.
Chicken & Matzo Soup
- Add matzo balls to your bowl of soup and add fresh lemon. Enjoy!