What do you want for dinner? One said tacos, one said BBQ Chicken or Ribs, Why do I ask when I already know that none of my children will agree! This Easy Crock-Pot BBQ Chicken has Flare of Sweet & Spice to it, Chipotle BBQ sauce, chopped poblanos, sweet mini peppers, add some garlic and onions……Quick, Simple, and Satisfying for your whole family…Happy Friday All…Cheers to a Healthy & Safe Weekend!!!
Fall Off Friday With Crock-Pot BBQ Chicken Tacos & Sandwiches
- 1.5 Lbs. Organic Boneless/Skinless Chicken Thighs
- 1.5 Lbs. Organic Chicken Breast
- 3 Tablespoons Felippo Berio Olive Oil Olive oil helps decrease the total cholesterol and "bad" LDL cholesterol levels.
- 5 Cloves chopped Garlic Garlic offers a variety of benefits, from cardiovascular protection, and lowering LDL levels along with triglycerides and lowering blood pressure.
- 1 Small White Onion, Chopped Onion is high in vitamins and minerals and antioxidants and some benefits may include reducing the risk of heart disease.
- 1 Deseeded and Chopped Poblano Pepper Previous studies have suggested chilies can help reduce blood pressure, high cholesterol, and the formation of blood clots.
- 6 Mini Tri-Colored Sweet Peppers or 1-2 Red/Orange Bell Peppers These are a particularly good choice for heart health as they are full of lycopene, which is not found in green peppers. They are also a source of cholesterol-lowering soluble fiber and powerful antioxidant vitamins A and C, which are good for heart health.
- 1 Cup Chopped Fresh Cilantro The good news is that eating a diet rich in leafy greens can protect your heart. Cilantro is one of those foods that can give you an extra edge against oxidative damage. Evidence suggests that the phytochemicals in cilantro could protect your heart from oxidative damage helping to keep it health.
- 1 Package Market Pantry Reduced Fat Mexican-Style Shredded Cheese
- 1.5 Cup Sweet Baby Rays BBQ Regular or Chipotle
- 1 Package Brioche Buns and/or El Milagro Corn Tortillas
- First, plug your crock-pot in and set for 4 hours on high. Next add your oil, garlic, chicken, onion, peppers, and cilantro and stir making sure all the chicken is coated.
- Next, add the BBQ and blend, cover, and cook for 4 hours. Use a fork and knife to cut/shred in the crock-pot, make your tacos or sandwiches, add shredded cheese and roasted or raw garlic to the top and serve...Enjoy!!!
- Steam your broccoli, along with your garlic, add some olive oil and serve as a side dish.