Farro is a super delicious grain that has a nutty taste with undertones of oats and barley. It is packed full of fiber, protein, vitamins, minerals and antioxidants.
Farro is also a great alternative to refined grains and can easily be added to your diet. Farro can be made in advance and stored for the week and incorporate it into your lunch by adding it to a salad or with chicken or tuna salads too….Fantastically delicious hot or cold….Enjoy!!!
Delicious Chicken & Farro Bowl
- 1 Lb. Organic Thin Chicken Breast
- 1/2 Peeled Seedless Cucumber Cucumbers are a good sources of fiber, particularly in the skin. They also provide potassium and magnesium.
- 1.5 Yellow or Red Bell Peppers The antioxidant activity in bell peppers could help improve your heart.They are also a source of cholesterol-lowering soluble fiber and powerful antioxidant vitamins A and C, which are good for heart health.
- 1/2 Cup Thai Basil The anti-inflammatory properties of basil may help lower risk of heart disease, rheumatoid arthritis and inflammatory bowel conditions
- 4 Cloves garlic Garlic offers a variety of benefits, from cardiovascular protection and also lowering LDL levels, triglycerides and lowering blood pressure.
- 3/4 Sliced Leek Onion are high in vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. Some benefits may include reducing the risk of heart disease.
- 1/2 Cup Assorted Green and Kalmata Olives Kalamata olives are abundant in the same healthy fat found in olive oil. Monounsaturated fats may reduce your cholesterol and your chance of heart attack and stroke, according to Harvard Medical School.
- 2 Teaspoons Sesame Seeds
- 1/4 Cup Cashews Cashews help lower LDL and increase the carrying capacity for HDL. HDL is responsible to absorb the cholesterol from the heart and take it to the liver where it can be broken down.
- 1 and 1/3 Cups Farro t's high in protein, fiber and several nutrients. Farro may have several health benefits, including protection against heart disease and benefits for weight loss.
- 1 Sliced Serrano Pepper On the heart-health front, previous studies have suggested chiles can help reduce blood pressure, high cholesterol, and the formation of blood clots.
- 10-15 Grinds Fresh Black Pepper
- 1/8 Teaspoons Sea Salt
- 1/8 Teaspoon Garlic salt
- 2-3 Tablespoons Sesame Seed Oil Sesame Oil is rich in mono- and polyunsaturated acids (PUFAs) -- the good kind of fat that cuts cholesterol.
- 1-2 Teaspoons Chili Garlic Paste
- First, cut your chicken breast into thin slices. Next, add sesame oil/olive oil, chicken, salt and pepper to a skillet and sauté 5-7 minutes and set aside.
- Making the Farro, bring 3 cups of water to a boil, add Farro, cover and simmer until water is absorbed, set aside.
- Chop all veggies then add sesame oil/olive oil and veggies, garlic salt, olives, sesame seeds to a skillet and sauté until tender! Throw in some cashews and cook an additional minute or just cover and aside!
- Add your Farro, chicken, then veggies and top with chili garlic paste or Sriracha Sauce and fresh Thail Basil Leaves and Enjoy!!!