This Healthy Snack/Protein Bites are Tasty, Filling, and the perfect Snack Full of Heart Healthy Benefits. I made these for my daughter who often snacks on protein bars and also LOVES the Combo of Chocolate & Blueberries. These Chocolate & Blueberry Oat Snack Bites are delightful and will tide you over in between meals and are So Heart Healthy and full of fiber …Enjoy!!!
Chocolate & Blueberry Oat Snack Bites
- 1 Cup Bob's Red Mill GF Oat Flour
- 1 Cup Old Fashion Quaker Oats Oats and oatmeal have many health benefits. These include weight loss, lower blood sugar levels and a reduced risk of heart disease.
- 2 Tablespoons Hershey's Special Dark Cocoa Cocoa has been found to reduce “bad” LDL cholesterol, has a blood thinning effect similar to aspirin, improve blood sugars and reduce inflammation.
- 2 Brown Eggs
- 1/2 Cup Smart Balance Cholesterol Free Oil with Omega 3 Cooking oil made from a blend of canola, soy and olive oils for healthier sautéing, frying and baking Helps support healthy cholesterol levels already within the normal range1 Excellent source of Omega-3s ALA(990mg per serving, 60% of the 1600mg daily value) Contains polyunsaturated and monounsaturated fats to help balance the saturated fats in your diet Cholesterol Free.
- 2 Tablespoons Sugar in the Raw
- 4 Tablespoons Unsweetend Almond Milk “Almonds are heart-healthy,” says cardiologist Dr. Day, who recommends almond milk to his heart patients. Unsweetened almond milk contains between 30 and 40 calories per 1-cup serving and has no saturated fat. And because it's a plant-based milk, it also contains no cholesterol.
- 3/4's-1 Cup Dried Blueberries and/or Craisins Blueberries have anti-oxidant properties that may help reduce the risk of heart attacks. The USDA Agricultural Research Service reported that eating blueberries may reduce the risk of heart attack in women by 33 percent. Anti-oxidants may help to control free radical damage that is involved in the early stages of artery-clogging atherosclerosis.
- 1 Tablespoon Flaxseed Meal Flax's primary healthy benefit is due to the omega-3 essential fatty acids, "good" fats that have been shown to have heart-healthy effects.
- First, preheat the oven to 350. Next, the oat flour, oats, flaxseed meal and cocoa powder and stir by hand.
- Then add your almond milk, 2 eggs, oil, sugar and mix. Lastly, add your dried blueberries and blend.
- Next, spray a mini muffin pan with cooking spray and teaspoon them in and bake 15 minutes and enjoy these snack bites that are filled with flavor and fiber....Enjoy!!!