Trying to Stay Healthy through the Holidays??? Me too!!! These Healthy Chocolate Cashew Bites are tasty and delicious, filling, and full of fiber. They are Super Simple to make and are a great choice for a breakfast bite, pre or post workout bite, or just a healthy snack for you or your children…..Enjoy!!!
Healthy Chocolate Cashew Bites
- 1 Tablespoon Hershey's Special Dark Cocoa Cocoa has been found to reduce “bad” LDL cholesterol, has a blood thinning effect similar to aspirin, improve blood sugars and reduce inflammation.
- 2 Heaping Tablespoons Organic Honey Several studies show that honey may improve your cholesterol levels. It reduces total and “bad” LDL cholesterol while significantly raising “good” HDL cholesterol.
- 1/2 Cup Lightly Salted Cashews Cashews can lower your risk for cardiovascular disease and this may occur by reducing blood pressure and “bad” cholesterol levels. Nuts are naturally cholesterol-free and contain good amounts of heart-healthy fats, fiber, and protein.
- 1 Cup Quaker Oats Oats and oatmeal have many health benefits. These include weight loss, lower blood sugar levels and a reduced risk of heart disease.
- 1 Teaspoon Flaxseed Meal Flax's primary healthy benefit is due to the omega-3 essential fatty acids, "good" fats that have been shown to have heart-healthy effects.
- 1 Teaspoon Organic Vanilla Extract
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 Cup Small Marshmallows
- Preheat the oven to 350. Then, put 1/2 cup of cashews in a ziploc bag and smash with a large kitchen spoon or whatever you think will break down the whole or halved cashews.
- Next, add the cashew, oats, cocoa powder, flaxseed meal,vanilla, egg, and honey to a bowl and stir with a spoon.
- Finally, put a heaping tablespoon of the mix into the palm of you hand and squeeze it together. Move and squeeze some more to form, then round it out in a ball and place it on a greased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes, remove, add a marshmallow if desired and bake an additional 2 minutes......Enjoy these Healthy Chocolate Cashew Bites any time of the day!!!