JT’s Easy Peasy Pesto Pasta & Brie is a recipe from a very respected doctor of mine. Many people in the North West suburbs of Chicago know Dr. John Turner for his successful chiropractic practice as well has his Homeopathic approaches to heal all. Whether you have an injury or anxiety, from headaches to allergies, and the list goes on and on…..He is super heart healthy and a connoisseur of delicious healthy meals. Cheers Dr. Turner, your dish is fantastic…..Enjoy!!!
- 1 Lb. Multi-grain Pasta Multi-grain Protein Plus Pasta is high in fiber. This pasta also includes legumes, flaxseed, which is an excellent source of fiber for heart health. http://www.barrilla.com
- 3 Tablespoons Alessi Pesto Pesto is filled with disease-preventing antioxidants such as vitamins A and C, plus it's rich in heart friendly mono and polyunsaturated fats thanks to pinenuts plus olive oil.
- 2 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Felippo Berio Olive Oil Olive oil, super healthy for your heart
- 2-3 Cloves garlic Garlic offers a variety of benefits, from cardiovascular protection, and lowering LDL levels along with triglycerides and lowering blood pressure.
- 2-3 Tablespoons Brie
- 4-5 Tomatoes Tomatoes have two key nutrients that have a big impact on heart health: lycopene and potassium. Some research shows that lycopene may lower LDL, or “bad” cholesterol.
- 1 Teaspoon Crushed Red Pepper
- Dash Salt Sea Salt
- 3-4 Grinds Fresh Pepper
- Dash Dried or Fresh Oregano Oregano treats inflammation in the body.
- First, add olive oil and crushed garlic to a skillet and saute for a minute then add pesto.
- Next, add tomatoes, salt, and pepper and stir over a low heat for 5 minutes, cover, and set aside.
- Next, boil the water, add a dash of salt, add pasta. Cook pasta until al dente, strain, and put in a bowl..
- Finally, add the tomato, garlic, pesto mix to the pasta then immediately add crushed red pepper, brie, and oregano to the pasta, stir until cheese is melted.....Enjoy!!!
Share this Recipe