February is American Heart Month and I decided to make a Heart-Shaped Pasta for this Fall Off Friday!! This Prosciutto & Goat Cheese Pasta is delightful and super simple to make…Cheers to a Happy and Healthy Weekend All!!!!
- 12-16 Oz.'s Grooved Pasta Rotini, Farfalle, Rotelle, Shells, etc.
- 2-3 Tablespoons Felippo Berio Olive Oil Olive oil helps decrease the total cholesterol and "bad" LDL cholesterol levels
- 3-4 Oz.'s Goat Cheese
- 1 Cup Frozen Peas Green peas contain a decent amount of heart-healthy minerals, such as magnesium, potassium and calcium. Diets high in these nutrients may be helpful for preventing high blood pressure, which is a major risk factor for heart disease.
- 20 Grinds Fresh Black Pepper
- 2 Pressed Garlic Cloves Garlic offers a variety of benefits, from cardiovascular protection, and lowering LDL levels along with triglycerides and lowering blood pressure.
- 1/8 Teaspoon Salt
- 5-7 Chopped Fresh Basil Leaves
- 1/2 Cup Small Chunks of Prosciutto
- First, boil your pasta, strain, and set aside and add some olive oil so the pasta does not get sticky. (I would recommend a grooved pasta because the goat cheese will adhere nicely to it.)
- Next, in a skillet add olive oil, garlic, goat cheese, and peas and stir over a medium low heat until cheese starts to melt.
- Then, add salt and pepper.
- Lastly, add your pasta to the skillet, your chopped basil, and chopped prosciutto and stir over low heat for 2 minutes and Serve and Enjoy...Cheers to a Happy and Healthy Weekend all!!!
Share this Recipe