Today, Apricot lovers, like myself, are celebrating because it is National Apricot Day all over the USA! I decided to make MY absolute favorite, Heart Healthy Asian Tuna Salad with Apricots. If you LOVE tuna, and a bit of spice, sesame, and a touch of sweetness then you are in for a Fantastically Delicious Salad. This Salad is full of Heart Healthy foods and bursting with flavor…..You will love this dish…Put it on bread or on top of a bed a lettuce, either way it is Simply Delightful….Enjoy!!!
- 2 3oz Cans White Albacore Tuna in Water Tuna's heart healthy benefits are Omega-3 fatty acids in combination with potassium bring an anti-inflammatory effect to the cardiovascular system, which in turn benefits us by lowering blood pressure, risk of stroke and heart attacks.
- 1 Cloves Chopped Garlic Garlic offers a variety of benefits, from cardiovascular protection and also lowering LDL levels, triglycerides and lowering blood pressure.
- 1/2 Teaspoon Freshly Grated Ginger This is supported by a study in hypothyroid rats, where ginger extract lowered LDL cholesterol to a similar extent as the cholesterol-lowering drug atorvastatin . Both studies also showed reductions in total cholesterol and blood triglycerides.
- 1 Large Slice Red Onion, then chop small Onion are high in vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. Some benefits may include reducing the risk of heart disease.
- 1/2 Teaspoon Black Sesame Seeds
- 1/2 Teaspoon Sesame Seeds
- 1 Teaspoon Sesame Oil Sesame Oil is rich in mono- and polyunsaturated acids (PUFAs) -- the good kind of fat that cuts cholesterol.
- 1 Teaspoon Chili Garlic Paste
- 3-4 Chopped Dried Apricots Dried fruit is rich in fiber, vitamins and minerals.
- 2-3 Tablespoons Avocado Mayonnaise Hellmann's Avocado Oil Mayonnaise Dressing combines a blend of oils (avocado, canola, and soy). It is high in Omega-3's which are good for your heart.
- 1/4 Cup Fresh Cilantro Chopped
- 1/4 Cup Matchstick Carrots Carrots contain vitamin A, antioxidants, and other nutrients. Evidence suggests that eating more antioxidant-rich fruits and vegetables, such as carrots, can help reduce the risks of cancer and cardiovascular disease.
- Handful Raw Almonds The health benefits of almonds include lower blood sugar levels, reduced blood pressure and lower cholesterol levels
- 1 Package Organic Spinach and Butter leaf Lettuce Spinach is a really great heart-healthy food. Spinach has just about everything your heart needs, including plenty of omega-3 fatty acids, antioxidants, B vitamins, and fiber. Folate is important for building and maintaining healthy cells, especially healthy red blood cells needed for heart health.
- First wash and chop all veggies into small pieces and set aside. Next, in a bowl, add the tuna, veggies, sesame oil, avocado mayo, chili garlic paste, sesame seeds, and apricots and mix with a fork.
- Put all over a bed of lettuce and stir. Add low fat ranch or you can just add some rice vinegar and blend.....This salad is my absolute favorite...Enjoy!!!
Share this Recipe