How often do you throw out leftover Chicken? STOP, because this Healthy Heart Chicken Salad is Stellar, So Easy to Make, and is the Perfect Meal for Busy MOMS’ and DADS’ who are always On-The-Go and Trying to EAT HEALTHY!!! Lunch or dinner, it is Delicious! It is Super Heart Healthy & Easy, with a touch of Sweet and Savory blended together, ginger, grapes, almonds, and add the crunch of celery and red pepper…..So Good!!!
Check out the recipe/ingredient and you will see how I have defined how each ingredient targets and raises the good(HDL’s) and lowers the (LDL’s) bad cholesterol levels.
- 1 Diced Chicken Breast or 2 Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs Per 2 servings
- 1/4 Chopped Red Bell Pepper These are a particularly good choice for heart health as they are full of lycopene, which is not found in green peppers. They are also a source of cholesterol-lowering soluble fiber and powerful antioxidant vitamins A and C, which are good for heart health.
- 1 Sliced Green Onion Onion are high in vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. Some benefits may include reducing the risk of heart disease.
- 1 Inch Freshly Grated Ginger This is supported by a study in hypothyroid rats, where ginger extract lowered LDL cholesterol to a similar extent as the cholesterol-lowering drug atorvastatin . Both studies also showed reductions in total cholesterol and blood triglycerides.
- 10 Sliced Organic Red Grapes ed Grapes: Rich in antioxidants and fiber, red grapes are very heart-healthy. Red grapes have been shown to lower blood pressure, reduce inflammation, and reduce heart muscle damage related to a high-salt diet. This heart health research on red grapes is impressive, so eat them up.
- 1 Stalk Sliced and Diced Celery Anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties of celery make it become an ideal food for patients with high cholesterol levels and blood pressure, as well as heart disease.
- 3 Tablespoons Avocado Oil Mayonnaise Hellmann's Avocado Oil Mayonnaise Dressing combines a blend of oils (avocado, canola, and soy). It is high in Omega-3's which are good for your heart.
- 1 Cup Tri-Colored Cabbage/slaw The high polyphenol content in cabbage might reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease by preventing platelet buildup and reducing blood pressure.
- 1 Package Organic Spinach & Butter Leaf Lettuce Spinach is a really great heart-healthy food. Spinach has just about everything your heart needs, including plenty of omega-3 fatty acids, antioxidants, B vitamins, and fiber. Folate is important for building and maintaining healthy cells, especially healthy red blood cells needed for heart health.
- Handful Chopped Almonds The health benefits of almonds include lower blood sugar levels, reduced blood pressure and lower cholesterol levels.
- Handful Chopped Basil Leaves Basil has so many beneficial properties immune booster, blood vessel protector, and antioxidants.
- 1 Tablespoon Rice Vinegar
- First, slice and/or dice your chicken and add it to a bowl. Next, chop/slice your green onion, celery, red pepper, basil, grapes, almonds and add it to the chicken.
- Next, grate your fresh ginger into the bowl, (you can chop it finely if you wish).
- Then, add your avocado oil mayo and blend together.
- Lastly, add your lettuce and slaw to a new bowl, add your rice vinegar, stir and top with this fantastic and super healthy Chicken Salad....Enjoy!!!
Share this Recipe
One Comment Add yours
I suffer with extreme inflammation. Just want to say thankyou for all the healthy recipes you post for people like myself. Your a life saver.