Italian Meatball & Sausage Grinder is a delicious and healthy take on a Chicago Classic Sandwich….Enjoy!!!
Italian Meatball & Sausage Grinder
- 2 Tablespoons Felippo Berio Olive Oil Olive oil helps decrease the total cholesterol and "bad" LDL cholesterol levels
- 1-2 Bell Peppers Red Bell Peppers are full of lycopene which and also a source of cholesterol-soluble fiber and powerful antioxidants that are great for heart health
- 1 Fresh Deseeded Jalapeno Jalapenos have capsaicin, which has a variety of health benefits, but some studies are showing that Capsaicin can lower cholesterol levels.
- 1 Clove Garlic, pressed or diced small Garlic offers a variety of benefits, from cardiovascular protection, and lowering LDL levels along with triglycerides and lowering blood pressure.
- 1 Small Onion Onion is high in vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. Some benefits may include reducing the risk of heart disease.
- 1 Teaspoon Dried or Fresh Oregano Oregano is rich in antioxidants.
- Dash Sea Salt
First, preheat the oven to 350 then brown the sausage in a skillet on the stove, set aside.
Click on the link next to the meatball ingredient for my recipe.
Then, cook the meatballs in a skillet and set aside.
Warm up jarred sauce or click on the link next to the sauce.
First, add olive oil, garlic, onion, and sliced yellow pepper and jalapeño and stir fry.
Baking the Italian Grinder
Finally, slice a piece of sausage in half and place it on a french roll or a piece of Italian bread.
Drizzle or brush olive oil on the bread.Then place 2 halved meatballs in the center and add the sausage on either side of the meatballs. Add sauce, cheese, and Giardiniera and bake until cheese is melted. This sandwich is beautifully tasteful....Enjoy!!!