Want a Quick & Easy Meal idea? One knife, one spatula, measuring spoons, a cutting board, ONE Skillet, and you have a Delicious, Healthy, and Hearty Meal!!! These One Skillet Stuffed Peppers have turkey sausage, farro, which is a super healthy grain, and lots of veggies….Enjoy!!!
- 2 Tablespoons Felippo Berio Olive Oil Olive oil helps decrease the total cholesterol and "bad" LDL cholesterol levels.
- 2 Boxes/Cans Crushed Tomatoes Total about 26-28oz's of tomatoes.Tomatoes have two key nutrients that have a big impact on heart health: lycopene and potassium. Research shows that lycopene may lower LDL, or “bad” cholesterol, and keep blood from clotting, which lowers stroke risk.
- 1 Teaspoon Oregano
- 1/2 Teaspoon Fresh Ground Black pepper
- 4 Cloves chopped Garlic Garlic offers a variety of benefits, from cardiovascular protection, and lowering LDL levels along with triglycerides and lowering blood pressure.
- 3 Green Onions Onion is high in vitamins and minerals and antioxidants and some benefits may include reducing the risk of heart disease.
- Handful Fresh Basil Leaves Basil has so many beneficial properties immune booster, blood vessel protector, and antioxidants.
- 1/4 Cup Grated Cheese
- 8-10 Sliced Baby Bella Mushrooms Mushrooms are also a good source of essential minerals such as heart healthy potassium.
- 2 Cups Water
- 5-6 Orange/Red Bell Peppers These are a particularly good choice for heart health as they are full of lycopene, which is not found in green peppers. They are also a source of cholesterol-lowering soluble fiber and powerful antioxidant vitamins A and C, which are good for heart health.
- 1 Cup Farro Farro may have several health benefits, including protection against heart disease and benefits for weight loss. On the whole, farro is a tasty and nutritious alternative to refined grains.
- First, slice all veggies, except the peppers.
- Next, heat your skillet to medium and add your oil, garlic, and green onions and stir.
- Then, squeeze your turkey sausage out of the casing and lightly brown.
- Next, add your mushrooms, crushed tomatoes, 1 cup of water, uncooked farro, oregano, salt, pepper, and basil and stir. Stir occasionally and cook an additional 5 minutes.
- Then, turn off the stove and stuff your peppers. Next, stand them up in the skillet, add grated cheese, chopped basil, and bits of pepper if you wish to the top.
- Lastly, add 1 cup water to the skillet cover and simmer for 25-30 minutes over a medium to low heat.....Serve and enjoy!!!!
Share this Recipe