Asian Style Split Pea Soup, huh, what is that?? A Super Heart Healthy Soup/Meal that has a beautiful blend flavor with Lemongrass, Sweet Chili Sauce, Soy, Bean Thread/Chinese Vermicelli Noodles, and some spice of course,YUM!!! I enjoy to experiment with cooking and sometimes it turns out BAD, but sometimes I love it. This is a GOOD one for sure! It is so Tasty, Filling and High in Fiber & Protein and perfect meal to keep you full while sliming down for Spring/ Summer….Enjoy!!!
- 2 Cups Green Split Peas Green peas contain a decent amount of heart-healthy minerals, such as magnesium, potassium and calcium. ... The high fiber content of green peas and legumes has been shown to lower total cholesterol and "bad" LDL cholesterol.
- 4 Cloves chopped Garlic Garlic offers a variety of benefits, from cardiovascular protection and also lowering LDL levels, triglycerides and lowering blood pressure.
- 1 Small Onion Onion are high in vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. Some benefits may include reducing the risk of heart disease.
- 2 Whole Serrano Peppers The hotter the pepper and the greater the concentration of capsaicin. You can use serrano peppers to treat and prevent health conditions like: Heart disease: Capsaicin's cholesterol-lowering benefits allow serrano peppers to be beneficial for heart health.
- 2 Long Carrots, peeled and chopped Carrots contain vitamin A, antioxidants, and other nutrients. Evidence suggests that eating more antioxidant-rich fruits and vegetables, such as carrots, can help reduce the risks of cancer and cardiovascular disease
- 1 Celery Stalk, chopped small Celery is mainly water, but it is also a good source of dietary fiber.
- 4 Oz.'s Bean thread/Mung Noodles These are excellent for slow carb, gluten-free, and paleo eaters. They do have some carbs, but unlike regular boxed pasta, they also have a good protein and fiber content to balance it out.
- 3 Tablespoons Sweet Chili Sauce KA-ME Sweet Chili Sauce
- 1 Tablespoon Flaxseed Meal Flax's primary healthy benefit is due to the omega-3 essential fatty acids, "good" fats that have been shown to have heart-healthy effects.
- 1-2 Tablespoons Chopped Fresh Lemongrass/Lemongrass Paste
- 4 Tablespoons Low Sodium Soy Sauce
- 3 Dashes Sea Salt
- 10-15 Grinds Fresh Black Pepper
- Crushed Red Pepper/Optional
- First, rinse you peas and add 8-10 cups of hot water and boil. Then reduce the simmer for 30 minutes and cover.
- While that is cooking, boil a pot of water, turn off and add your Bean thread noodles until transparent and tender, drain and set aside.
- After, your peas have been simmering for 30 minutes, add your garlic, onion, carrots, celery and stir.
- Then, add the soy sauce, lemongrass, sweet chili sauce, flaxseed meal, dashes of salt and grinds of pepper and simmer an additional 15-20 minutes.
- Lastly, serve your soup and add the bean thread noodles and enjoy a super healthy and high protein meal....Enjoy!!!
Share this Recipe